Registration is now OPEN for the upcoming Volunteers Mission Trip to the Republic of Togo.
Deadline to receive registrations – by the end of the second week of August. This is to ensure that proper logistics are put in place.
Dates: 2nd/3rd Week, September, 2022
Important Notice: A MUST READ!
As a member of the WPMI Togo Missions team: You will
- Remember that you are representing Watchmen Prophetic Missions Int’l (WPMI) and, more importantly, Jesus Christ.
- Seek to model Jesus in your behaviour and attitude.
- Be in prayer for your teammates, team leaders and for those with whom you will be in contact.
- Remember that you are a guest visiting at the invitation of the hosts (WPMI, Missionary Team Togo).
- Respect their culture without judgment.
- Remember that you have come to learn as well as to share.
- Resist the temptation to inform our hosts about “how we do things.”
- Be open to learning about other people’s methods and ideas.
- Respect others’ view of Christianity in the context of their culture.
- Recognize that Christianity has many faces around the world, and that the purpose of this trip is to share the love of God and to experience faith lived out in a new setting.
- Dress modestly, and only bring luggage and possessions that are appropriate for the service needs of the mission and the country’s culture.
- Develop and maintain a servant’s attitude toward all Nationals and your teammates.
- Demonstrate that you are there to serve others and share Christ, while learning and developing relationships.
- Respect the thoughts and ideas of the hosts and team members.
- Not dominate conversations or interrupt others when they speak.
- Be patient and respectful of differing opinions.
- Respect your team leader(s) and respond positively to his/her decisions.
- Refrain from criticism and gossip about our host(s) and teammates.
- Refrain from complaining, as you recognize that travel can present unexpected and undesirable circumstances.
- Instead of complaining, you will be flexible, constructive, and supportive.
- Remember not to be exclusive in your relationships and make every effort to interact with all team members.
- Refrain from any activity that could be construed as a special or romantic interest in a National or teammate.
- Watch my language, refrain from discussing politics or other sensitive subjects, and avoid references to the military and to other religious groups or practices.
- Refrain from teaching or practicing any belief that is not supported by Watchmen Prophetic Missions International.
- Attend the mandatory mission team building and discipleship training meetings.
- Participate actively in meetings as well as in mission, through sharing opinions, assisting in finding alternatives when necessary, assuming responsibilities and honouring decisions.
- Keep confidential discussions and personal information shared among team members.